Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Who did not celebrate National Night Out Update


The idea was born once I confirmed that Hickory Trails did not have a National Night Out event.

The News and Record helped me get the word out.

I contacted as many people as I could and continue to do so.

Currently, we have raised over $100 and we are still counting. We will need more and I think we will get it!

People that have supported this event and plan to attend are: Mayor Yvonne Johnson, Councilwoman Trudy Wade, At Large Council Candidates Ryan Shell and Nancy Vaughan (Nancy is pictured right dropping off some coolers at my house a few minutes ago).

I have heard from some folks about volunteering and donating tables and grills. Marie Stamey is letting me use her fryer.

GPD CRT Officers are getting the word out as I type. I think this in going to be a really good thing for Hickory Trails.

Donna Gray with the City of Greensboro is volunteering her time (off of the clock) to make sure this thing goes well. Donna Gray is one great lady!

Ryan Shell just called and has gotten The Fresh Market on board with a donation.

0 comments: